Saturday, October 2, 2010

Mixtape (Sad Bear, October 2010)

Long time no mixtape, eh? Let's revive an old tradition around these parts...


Side A

Ezra Furman and the Harpoons - We Should Fight
(indie rock)

I wrote this song inside a paper bag

Dr. Dog - Heart it Races
(indie rock-pop)

And we go back to where we moved out
to the places
heart it races


Jukebox the Ghost - Hold It In
(indie rock pop)

Baby I'm in love and maybe it's not to tell
Only thing that I can do is hold it in, hold it in


Delta Spirit - Children
(indie rock, Americana)

Children shut your eyes
we'll tell you what to see
this world is burnin' down
and you're the ones to lead


Lackthereof - Last November
(lo-fi, experimental)

I'm arriving in style
More importantly, alive
And there's something
To be said for
Surviving


Side B

Arcade Fire - Black Mirror
(indie rock, baroque pop)

Black mirror knows no reflection, knows not pride or vanity
Cares not about your dreams, cares not for your pyramid schemes


Shearwater - Red Sea, Black Sea*
(indie folk-rock)

In place of the sun
In place of the moon
A terrible light
Will flood every room


* The link takes you to the artist page on their label. I would download not just Red Sea, Black Sea, but everything on this page. The songs are all really good.

Boy & Bear - Mexican Mavis
(indie folk-rock)

'Cos my love's not a limit

Minus the Bear - Guns & Ammo
(indie, experimental, math rock)

Skip the "you don't understand"
Skip the "you're such a petty man"
Skip the way you'll never listen
You never listen


Annuals - Brother
(indie rock, experimental)

I fell down in a creek bed
Brother wept
In his face I met fear
That I could die right there

No comments: