Friday, August 10, 2007

The Shins - 9 Aug 2007 - Enmore Theatre

I had heard that The Shins were not a particularly animated band live, and I found this to be true, though it was still a good concert experience. They were musically *beautiful*; the band plays together very well, the trademark lovely melodies were present, and there was a good atmosphere. The crowd was very enthusiastic and loyal, and as mellow as expected.

Some of the arrangements were interesting, such as 'New Slang' becoming rather sombre in a slightly slowed down version, while Caring is Creepy' was also slower but it was nicer that way, I felt. And I also picked up a few new favourites; I think my two favourite moments of the night were an incredibly joyful rendition of 'Saint Simon' (everyone singing along with the la-la-lahs), and a beautiful moving performance of 'The Past and Pending'.


Sleeping Lessons
Australia
When I Goose-Step
Kissing the Lipless
Gone for Good
New Slang
Pressed in a Book
Girl Sailor
Mine's Not a High Horse
Turn a Square
A Comet Appears
Girl Inform Me
Saint Simon
Turn On Me
Pam Berry
Phantom Limb
Know Your Onion!

Breathe (Pink Floyd cover)
Caring Is Creepy
The Past and Pending
So Says I

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!